- Is coronavirus a bacteria or virus?
- Is headache a symptom of the coronavirus disease?
- Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted from food?
- Does heat kill the coronavirus?
- What is the treatment for the coronavirus disease?
- Should coronavirus disease patients be isolated in hospitals?
- Can drinking alcohol help in preventing COVID-19?
- Is the coronavirus disease more severe than the flu?
- What is the recovery time for the coronavirus disease?
- Can the coronavirus spread via feces?
- What happens when you get the coronavirus disease?
- Can coronavirus disease spread through raw food?
- How do viruses get their name?
- How dangerous is the coronavirus disease?
- What food should you avoid during COVID-19?
- Can I breastfeed my child if I am severely ill with coronavirus disease?
- Is the coronavirus disease a pandemic?
- Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted in hot or humid climates?
Is coronavirus a bacteria or virus?
The new coronavirus is a respiratory virus which spreads primarily through droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose.
To protect yourself, clean your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water..
Is headache a symptom of the coronavirus disease?
The virus can cause a range of symptoms, from ranging from mild illness to pneumonia. Symptoms of the disease are fever, cough, sore throat and headaches.
Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted from food?
It is highly unlikely that people can contract COVID-19 from food or food packaging. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness and the primary transmission route is through person-to- person contact and through direct contact with respiratory droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes.There is no evidence to date of viruses that cause respiratory illnesses being transmitted via food or food packaging.
Does heat kill the coronavirus?
Heat at 56°C kills the SARS coronavirus at around 10000 units per 15 min (quick reduction).
What is the treatment for the coronavirus disease?
There is no specific treatment for disease caused by a novel coronavirus. However, many of the symptoms can be treated and therefore treatment based on the patient’s clinical condition.
Should coronavirus disease patients be isolated in hospitals?
WHO advises that all confirmed cases, even mild cases, should be isolated in health facilities, to prevent transmission and provide adequate care.But we recognize that many countries have already exceeded their capacity to care for mild cases in dedicated health facilities. In that situation, countries should prioritize older patients and those with underlying conditions.
Can drinking alcohol help in preventing COVID-19?
Alcohol does not protect against COVID-19; access should be restricted during lockdown.
Is the coronavirus disease more severe than the flu?
COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.
What is the recovery time for the coronavirus disease?
Using available preliminary data, the median time from onset to clinical recovery for mild cases is approximately 2 weeks and is 3-6 weeks for patients with severe or critical disease.
Can the coronavirus spread via feces?
There is some evidence that COVID-19 infection may lead to intestinal infection and be present in faeces. However, to date only one study has cultured the COVID-19 virus from a single stool specimen. There have been no reports of faecal−oral transmission of the COVID-19 virus to date.
What happens when you get the coronavirus disease?
People with COVID-19 generally develop signs and symptoms, including mild respiratory symptoms and fever, on an average of 5-6 days after infection (mean incubation period 5-6 days, range 1-14 days). Most people infected with COVID-19 virus have mild disease and recover.
Can coronavirus disease spread through raw food?
As a general rule, the consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, raw milk or raw animal organs should be handled with care to avoid cross- contamination with uncooked foods.
How do viruses get their name?
Viruses are named based on their genetic structure to facilitate the development of diagnostic tests, vaccines and medicines. Virologists and the wider scientific community do this work, so viruses are named by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV).
How dangerous is the coronavirus disease?
Although for most people COVID-19 causes only mild illness, it can make some people very ill. More rarely, the disease can be fatal. Older people, and those with pre- existing medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes) appear to be more vulnerable.
What food should you avoid during COVID-19?
• When cooking and preparing food, limit the amount of salt and high-sodium condiments (e.g. soy sauce and fish sauce). • Limit your daily salt intake to less than 5 g (approximately 1 teaspoon), and use iodized salt. • Avoid foods (e.g. snacks) that are high in salt and sugar. • Limit your intake of soft drinks or sodas and other drinks that are high in sugar (e.g. fruit juices, fruit juice concentrates and syrups, flavoured milks and yogurt drinks).• Choose fresh fruits instead of sweet snacks such as cookies, cakes and chocolate.
Can I breastfeed my child if I am severely ill with coronavirus disease?
If you are severely ill with COVID-19 or suffer from other complications that prevent you from caring for your infant or continuing direct breastfeeding, express milk to safely provide breastmilk to your infant.If you are too unwell to breastfeed or express breastmilk, you should explore the possibility of relactation (restarting breastfeeding after a gap), wet nursing (another woman breastfeeding or caring for your child), or using donor human milk.
Is the coronavirus disease a pandemic?
COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic. This is due to the rapid increase in the number of cases outside China over the past 2 weeks that has affected a growing number of countries.
Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted in hot or humid climates?
From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather. Regardless of climate, adopt protective measures if you live in, or travel to an area reporting COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by frequently cleaning your hands. By doing this you eliminate viruses that may be on your hands and avoid infection that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.